More than 700 grams of cocaine seized in Brampton drug bust
Published November 23, 2022 at 8:12 am
A Brampton man is facing drug and firearm charges after more than 700 grams of cocaine was found during a drug trafficking bust last week.
Earlier this fall, the Caledon OPP says officers from the Caledon Community Street Crime Unit began investigating possible drug trafficking in the community of Bolton.
Police say they raided a home in Brampton last Wednesday (Nov. 16) and seized a revolver with ammunition, 777 grams of suspected cocaine, 38 grams of suspected crack cocaine, suspected Benzodiazepine pills and cash, as well as scales and multiple cell phones.
Jamaal Gayle, 33, of Brampton has been charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine – two counts
• Possession of a Schedule IV substance for the purpose of trafficking
• Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
• Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
• Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Resist peace officer
The accused was held for a bail hearing. None of the allegations have been proven in court.
Police are asking local residents who suspect illegal activity is happening in their neighbourhoods to call the Caledon OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
You can also provide information anonymously by contacting Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.peelcrimestoppers.ca. When you contact Crime Stoppers you stay anonymous, you never have to testify, and you could receive a cash reward of up to $2,000 upon an arrest.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising