More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that over 500 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 170 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on April 8, Ontario is reporting 5,276 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. That represents a climb of over 500 new cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 174 people have died of the disease, while another 2,074 have made full recoveries.
The province says 605 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 246 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred-and-ninety-five patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 84,601 people have been tested for the virus and 1,102 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 8), 684 people have been diagnosed in the region and nine people have died of the virus. There are currently 270 cases in Brampton, 33 in Caledon and 378 in Mississauga.
Three cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 350 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 500 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 550 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 300 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods