More than 1,000 new child-care spaces coming soon to Mississauga and Brampton
The Region of Peel has created new child-care spaces and early years programs as part of their new five-year road map for Early Years and Child Care.
According to Suzanne Finn, Director of Early Years and Child Care Services at the Region of Peel, Brampton is said to have respectively 495 new child-care spaces while Mississauga is said to have 562 by 2024.
Throughout 2019, Brampton will see four new centres including Earlsbridge Plaza in Mount Pleasant, Springdale, Brampton Southwest Library and Mayfield/Bramalea.
By 2021, Brampton and Mississauga will also have four new EarlyON child-care centres.
“Peel’s Early Years and Child Care Service System Plan (2019- 2024) was informed by extensive consultation with parents and key stakeholders who identified five key priorities to respond to the current and future needs of children and families,” said Finn.
“This Plan identifies priority areas for action with the goal of creating a more affordable, inclusive, high quality early years and child care system which is accountable and accessible to all children and their families,” added Finn.
The number of children age zero to 12 in Peel was 218,015 in 2016 and is said to grow by 10 per cent between then until 2026, according to Peel’s Early Years and Child Care Service System Plan.
For more information, click here.
Photo courtesy of Peel Region
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Really Old School Restaurants in Mississauga
- Provincial government pledges more money for child care services in Mississauga
- Child Care Costs a Hardship for Many Mississauga Families
- Affordable Child Care Coming to Mississauga
- Ford Government Finally Supports The Child Care Sector
- Something new has come to to EarlyON Centres for children in Mississauga