More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
Another cluster of schools is under hold and secure due to a gun-related incident in Mississauga’s north end.
Shortly before 3:15 p.m., Peel police announced that officers are in the Morning Star Drive and Goreway Drive area responding to reports that a male dropped a gun and fled.
The schools currently under hold and secure include Dunrankin PES, Lincoln Alexander PSS, Holy Cross CES, Corliss PES, Darcel PES. Rainbow Village Daycare, Malton Community Centre, and Morning Star YMCA.
This is the third round of hold and secures in Mississauga today.
Earlier in the day, multiple schools were put under hold and secure due to men jumping fences in the Heritage Hills area. Shortly after that, schools in Erin Mills were placed under hold and secure after a man was seen with what appeared to be a gun.
Updates to follow.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Man Possibly Armed With Gun
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Schools Placed Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools in Hold and Secure After Male Reportedly Seen With Gun