More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
Another cluster of schools is under hold and secure due to a gun-related incident in Mississauga’s north end.
Shortly before 3:15 p.m., Peel police announced that officers are in the Morning Star Drive and Goreway Drive area responding to reports that a male dropped a gun and fled.
The schools currently under hold and secure include Dunrankin PES, Lincoln Alexander PSS, Holy Cross CES, Corliss PES, Darcel PES. Rainbow Village Daycare, Malton Community Centre, and Morning Star YMCA.
This is the third round of hold and secures in Mississauga today.
Earlier in the day, multiple schools were put under hold and secure due to men jumping fences in the Heritage Hills area. Shortly after that, schools in Erin Mills were placed under hold and secure after a man was seen with what appeared to be a gun.
Updates to follow.
- Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Man Possibly Armed With Gun
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Schools Placed Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Mississauga woman accused of abduction
- Young child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Single-vehicle crash in Halton Hills kills one, injures another
- Loblaws, No Frills employees in Mississauga test positive for COVID-19