More Rain and Snow Expected to Hit Mississauga
Say it ain’t so — more than a week into spring, we’re reportedly due for some winter weather.
According to a recent report from The Weather Network, rain showers are expected on Thursday (March 28) in some parts of southern Ontario.
“Morning temperatures will be much warmer than what we have seen during the past few days, but the cloud cover will prevent much of a warm-up during the day,” the Network reports.
Moving into Friday night and Saturday, the forecast calls for a widespread, soaking rain that may transition into wet snow later on. The snow would likely come to an end Saturday evening.
“A soggy system will track along this boundary. It now looks like this system will take a more southerly track - keeping the warm weather south of our region and increasing the threat for substantial amounts of snow for parts of our region,” the report reads.
Unfortunately, the winter weather might not end with the snow — Sunday and the beginning of next week are expected to be somewhat chilly, with colder than seasonal temperatures expected as we move into April.
Here’s hoping this is only a brief respite from the warm spring weather we’ve recently been enjoying.
Forecast data via Environment Canada
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Seeking Help After Grandmother Suffers a Stroke While on Vacation
- Emergency Crews Investigating Possible Fire at Mississauga Business
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga