More parking, pedestrian tunnels, part of completion of Mississauga's Cooksville GO Station
Mississauga's Cooksville GO Station is now fully operational.
A joint announcement this morning by Ontario's Ministry of Transportation and Metrolinx said all work at the station is now complete including 750 new parking spaces and other amenities that will make the station one of the GTA's major transit hubs.
Other new amenities include upgraded pedestrian tunnels, eight new bus bays, and a large glass east pavilion with a clear view of the new passenger pick-up and drop-off.
The station was built in 1981 and has undergone a massive reconstruction which began in 2018 and will now see it become a focal point for commuters who use the Milton GO Line as well as other transit services.
"Starting today, customers will have full access to the Cooksville GO Station complete with an integrated six level parking structure that will add 750 new parking spaces for a total of over 2,500 parking spaces," said Ontario Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney. "This station will provide customers with seamless access to GO Transit rail and bus service, Mississauga's MiWay Transit and the future Hurontario LRT."
Mulroney said that parking has been an issue at the station for a number of years and the completion of the structure addresses these concerns.
"How much time has been wasted by people circling the lot, looking for space, just to leave frustrated and angry," Mulroney said. "We have transformed this station into an efficient and modern transit hub. The now completed facility makes transit more convenient and more enjoyable for everyone who uses this station and will help people get around more easily."
- Metrolinx could charge for GO Station parking in the future
- Construction Begins on a Major GO Station Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- The Cooksville Go Station in Mississauga is About to Get a Major Facelift
- Something New is Being Installed at this Mississauga GO Station
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU