More MiWay Service Coming to Mississauga Early in the New Year
If you're hoping for more transit service, you'll probably be happy to hear that service on the Mississauga Transitway is expanding in January when MiWay kicks off service at the Winston Churchill station.
The new service will begin on Jan. 2, 2017.
Winston Churchill is the eighth station to open along the dedicated east-west transit corridor. When the project is complete in 2017, it will run from Winston Churchill in the west to Renforth station in the east. Currently, the Erin Mills, Central Parkway, Cawthra, Tomken, Dixie, Tahoe and Etobicoke Creek stations are open.
New service to Winston Churchill station:
- Winston Churchill station opens on December 31, 2016 with GO bus service on routes 25 and 29.
- On Jan. 2, 2017 MiExpress Route 109 - Meadowvale Express will stop at Winston Churchill and travel on the dedicated transitway all the way to Etobicoke Creek station
- On Jan. 2, 2017, MiLocal Route 48 will serve Erin Mills station
- On Jan. 8, 2017, MiWay Route 109 will begin new Sunday service from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Looking for some more good news? More stations and service is set to come soon.
Spectrum, Orbitor and the Renforth Gateway (the final station in the east) will open in 2017. That will complete the 18 kilometre, dedicated bus corridor. It should make travel connections to Toronto Pearson International Airport and the Bloor-Danforth Subway line easier via Highway 427.
For a complete list of MiWay service improvements in January, click here.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Really Old School Restaurants in Mississauga