More Frequent Transit Service Coming to Mississauga
Here's some good news for you MiWay riders looking for improved service.
Starting next month on September 5, MiWay will be providing more frequent, weekday rush hour service on select transit routes.
The service improvements are as follows:
- Route 107 - Malton Express - Nine weekday rush hour trips will be added as well as extended late night service
- Route 109 - Meadowvale Express - Nine weekday rush hour trips will be added
- Routes 5, 7, 19, 35, 42, 66 - Early morning Saturday trips added
- Routes 7, 20, 26, 34, 66, 110 - Early morning Sunday trips added
According to Director of Transit Geoff Marinoff, "The added trips means less waiting and helps us deliver on the benefits of the MiWay Five Transit Service Plan, such as more express service between key destinations, more frequent services on main corridors, and wider spans of service."
"MiWay Five" is the company's five-year plan (starting from 2016 until 2020) that aims to improve transportation in Mississauga by redesigning the city's transit system into a grid network with more frequent buses along main corridors. See miway.ca/miway5 for more details.
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga