More Frequent Transit Service Coming to Mississauga
Here's some good news for you MiWay riders looking for improved service.
Starting next month on September 5, MiWay will be providing more frequent, weekday rush hour service on select transit routes.
The service improvements are as follows:
- Route 107 - Malton Express - Nine weekday rush hour trips will be added as well as extended late night service
- Route 109 - Meadowvale Express - Nine weekday rush hour trips will be added
- Routes 5, 7, 19, 35, 42, 66 - Early morning Saturday trips added
- Routes 7, 20, 26, 34, 66, 110 - Early morning Sunday trips added
According to Director of Transit Geoff Marinoff, "The added trips means less waiting and helps us deliver on the benefits of the MiWay Five Transit Service Plan, such as more express service between key destinations, more frequent services on main corridors, and wider spans of service."
"MiWay Five" is the company's five-year plan (starting from 2016 until 2020) that aims to improve transportation in Mississauga by redesigning the city's transit system into a grid network with more frequent buses along main corridors. See miway.ca/miway5 for more details.
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- 26-year-old celebrating big lotto win in Mississauga to do something special for mom
- Cases in Mississauga and Brampton push Peel Region COVID number to record high
- Americans told to avoid Canada and flying into Mississasuga's Pearson Airport over COVID concerns
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton