More Fireworks Tonight in Mississauga
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
The bad news—as many of you know—is that the fireworks were cut short in Port Credit.
The good news?
There will be a repeat performance.
If you were disappointed that the Canada Day fireworks in Port Credit didn't quite go as planned, you'll be happy to hear that they've been rescheduled for today (Sunday, July 2).
In the very early hours of Sunday morning, Mississauga City Councillor Jim Tovey took to Facebook to explain that the fireworks were cut short due to an "unforeseen technical issue" with the computer control system.
Tovey said the issue stemmed from the afternoon downpour.
"As Canada Day 150, in Memorial Park for this special anniversary, has been approved as a two day event, we will be launching the remaining 80% of the fireworks on Sunday evening," Tovey wrote. "Happy Canada Day 150 weekend, we can enjoy the encore with more great Canadian music and a celebration of our country and our people."
So if you're in the mood for more fireworks, head to Memorial Park in the evening hours for a bonus display.
The fireworks will start at 10pm. (weather permitting)
Happy Extended Canada Day, everyone!
- Top 5 Biggest Parks in Mississauga
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Police ticket street racers and spectators at mall parking lot in Mississauga