More Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Coming to Mississauga
Published July 15, 2016 at 2:35 pm
The provincial government is embracing a more electric future, with plans to build almost 500 new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in Ontario by March 2017.
Fifteen of those stations will be built here in Mississauga, according to a Brampton Guardian article.
The government is investing $20 million into the project with hopes that it will encourage citizens to buy electric vehicles, which leave a low carbon footprint. The environmental benefits will help lower greenhouse gas emissions as per Ontario’s Climate Change Action Plan.
Since one of the main concerns regarding EVs is the distance they can travel compared to traditional vehicles, having a larger network of charging stations should help drivers feel more comfortable about planning longer trips.
The 15 new charging stations in Mississauga will be situated at:
• 80 Courtneypark Dr. E.
• 5800 Explorer Dr.
• Meadowvale Corporate Centre – 6880 Financial Dr.
• 5750 Explorer Dr.
• 2085 Hurontario St.
• 4701/4715 Tahoe Blvd.
• Indian Line Campground – 7625 Finch Ave. West
• Pearson International Airport – 6301 Silver Dart Dr.
• Pearson International Airport – 8 Network Rd.
• Pearson International Airport – 3111 Convair Dr.
• Hilton Mississauga – 6750 Mississauga Rd.
• 2630 Skymark Ave.
• Novo-nordisk – 2680 Skymark Ave.
• Airway Centre – 5935 Airport Rd.
• 30 Eglinton Ave. West
If all goes according to schedule, the stations will be ready by next Spring.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising