More Big News Transit News For Mississauga
If you regularly commute with MiWay, there's a pretty big change about to take effect that you might want to be aware of.
On April 30, MiWay is introducing a new weekday express route along Derry Road between Meadowvale Town Centre and Westwood Square.
The city says the new Route 104 - Derry Express will operate from Monday to Friday during morning and afternoon rush hours and will only stop at major intersections. It's designed to complement the existing local service, Route 42 - Derry.
The city says the change is one of many transit initiatives.
"MiWay customers will also notice improved GO Transit connections, additional trips and revised schedules to improve service on many routes, including tweaks to seasonal service on Route 66 McLaughlin, 101/101A Dundas Express, 107 Malton Express and 110 University Express," the city says.
Service improvements include:
This new weekday express route on Derry Road will make limited stops at major intersections during morning and afternoon rush hours between Meadowvale Town Centre and Westwood Square.
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases