Mobile COVID-19 testing coming to Mississauga this week
If you want to get tested for COVID-19, you should note that the Region of Peel will be bringing a mobile testing site to the Malton Community Centre (3540 Morning Star Dr.) in Mississauga on Friday, June 12.
Testing starts at 10 a.m. and continues to 6 p.m.
No appointment is required.
If you do not have any symptoms but have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or work in a high-risk setting (such as retail, health care, food processing, etc.), you should come for testing.
Residents experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should attend one of the hospital-based assessment centres for testing.
Depending on their risk of exposure, residents attending the mobile testing location may need to self-isolate at home for 14 days following their test or until their results come back negative. Results will be available online for anyone with a green health card.
Demand for testing is expected to be high, so residents are asked to be patient if there is a wait. The mobile site will process as many tests as possible on Friday.
The region says additional community-based pop-up sites in priority neighbourhoods in Peel will be announced in future.
Mobile and pop-up testing is the first phase of an integrated strategy to expand community COVID-19 testing in high-risk locations, including institutional outbreaks, workplaces and priority neighbourhoods across Peel.
- A mobile COVID-19 testing centre is coming to Mississauga
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing
- Ontario to reveal new COVID-19 testing strategy to gauge phased reopening
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested
- Province to massively expand COVID-19 testing
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- PHOTOS: A look at the newest selfie spot in Mississauga