Mobile COVID-19 testing coming to Mississauga this week
If you want to get tested for COVID-19, you should note that the Region of Peel will be bringing a mobile testing site to the Malton Community Centre (3540 Morning Star Dr.) in Mississauga on Friday, June 12.
Testing starts at 10 a.m. and continues to 6 p.m.
No appointment is required.
If you do not have any symptoms but have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or work in a high-risk setting (such as retail, health care, food processing, etc.), you should come for testing.
Residents experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should attend one of the hospital-based assessment centres for testing.
Depending on their risk of exposure, residents attending the mobile testing location may need to self-isolate at home for 14 days following their test or until their results come back negative. Results will be available online for anyone with a green health card.
Demand for testing is expected to be high, so residents are asked to be patient if there is a wait. The mobile site will process as many tests as possible on Friday.
The region says additional community-based pop-up sites in priority neighbourhoods in Peel will be announced in future.
Mobile and pop-up testing is the first phase of an integrated strategy to expand community COVID-19 testing in high-risk locations, including institutional outbreaks, workplaces and priority neighbourhoods across Peel.
- A mobile COVID-19 testing centre is coming to Mississauga
- Ontario begins appointment-based COVID-19 testing system
- New guidelines make Ontario the most accessible province for COVID-19 testing
- Mobile COVID-19 testing coming to two Hamilton schools
- Drive-thru COVID testing centre in Mississauga closes line early due to high demand
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton