MiWay to resume some bus routes, implement service changes in Mississauga
If you regularly use MiWay to commute around the city, you should note that the city is making some changes to its transit system to adapt to the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic.
The city says that on Tuesday, Feb. 16, MiWay will restore school bus route services as schools reopen in Peel Region.
MiWay says that service on multiple 300-series school routes will resume and additional supplementary trips will be added to other local routes that serve high schools in Mississauga. Some routes that will be restarted include 302 Philip Pocock-Bloor West, 307 Philip Pocock-Bloor East, 304 Father Goetz-Mississauga Valley, 335 Glenforest South, 313 Streetsville Secondary-Meadowvale and others.
For a full list, click here.
Miway says that on Feb. 22, it will implement a few other changes, including making scheduled changes on various routes in response to changes in ridership demand.
According to the city, Route 44 Mississauga Road will have revised routing due to construction on Mississauga Road and Route 53 Kennedy will have revised routing and travel to Cooksville GO. The route will no longer travel to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre (commuters can use Route 39 Britannia as an alternate).
On Family Day (Monday, Feb. 15) and Good Friday (Friday, April 2), buses will operate on a holiday schedule with reduced scheduling.
MiWay says that riders must wear masks or face-coverings when riding public transit and inside transit terminal buildings. Children under the age of two and people with disabilities or other medical conditions that prevent them from wearing a face-covering are not required to wear one.
For more info, click here.
- MiWay making changes to bus routes this month, cancelling some routes in Mississauga
- MiWay changes route on Hurontario in Mississauga due to LRT construction
- Some Changes Coming to Major MiWay Routes in Mississauga
- Changes to Some MiWay Routes Coming into Effect in Mississauga
- MiWay to Make Some Service Changes in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU