MiWay Launching Real Time Updates in Mississauga
If you were hoping that MiWay would continue to modernize its system, you'll probably be happy to know that riders will soon receive up-to-the-minute information about their commute.
Starting Nov. 1, riders will be able to find out exactly when their next bus is coming through the Plan a Trip website.
The information will be refreshed every 60 seconds for scheduled route and buses, so there won't be much lag time between updates.
"We're listening to our customers who asked for a more reliable bus service and real-time updates," said Geoff Marinoff, Director of Transit. "As part of the MiWay Five Transit Service Plan, we are pleased to deliver this request. Updates are provided using GPS technology allowing riders to plan their trips with more confidence."
The up-to-the-minute updates will be available through the Plan a Trip tool, digital signs at the City Centre Transit Terminal and Mississauga Transitway stations and the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) open date webpage.
Most importantly, you will be able to access Plan a Trip on your smartphone (because what are the odds of you waiting for a bus without a phone in hand?).
To learn more, watch the real-time updates video.
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe