Mississauga’s Very Own Winterlicious is Here
While almost everyone knows Winterlicious is about to kick off in Toronto, foodies and restaurant lovers should also be aware that they don't have to travel too far east to enjoy a special prix-fixe menu celebration.
The Taste of Clarkson 2018 officially kicked off on Jan. 15 and is scheduled to run until Feb. 8.
To be clear, Taste of Clarkson is not a Winterlicious event (Summer and Winterlicious are culinary initiatives exclusive to Toronto). It is not, however, dissimilar.
Basically, three participating Clarkson-area restos are offering guests affordable, prix fixe lunch and dinner menus that will, ideally, draw in more casual diners and highlight local cuisine.
Participating restaurants include:
- Solstice Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Michael’s Back Door
- Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro
Diners can enjoy a two course lunch ($22.95), three course lunch ($26.95) or dinner ($34.95) at any of the restos during the event.
Beyond offering tasty food to residents who might not otherwise drop dough in such fine-dining establishments, the event aims to keep people — perhaps people tempted by Winterlicious—eating a little closer to home.
“We urge you to stay in Mississauga for your fine dining needs for the weeks of Taste of Clarkson #stayinsauga,” organizers are known to say in regards to the popular event. “And see what is your neighbourhood and travel the world with the dishes served.”
So, if you’re hoping to stay local (especially with inclement weather being part and parcel of this time of year), it looks like Mississauga — or at least the Clarkson area — is providing some delicious incentive.
If you want to #stayinsauga, you know where to go
For more info, click here.
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19