Mississauga’s Very Own Winterlicious is Here
While almost everyone knows Winterlicious is about to kick off in Toronto, foodies and restaurant lovers should also be aware that they don't have to travel too far east to enjoy a special prix-fixe menu celebration.
The Taste of Clarkson 2018 officially kicked off on Jan. 15 and is scheduled to run until Feb. 8.
To be clear, Taste of Clarkson is not a Winterlicious event (Summer and Winterlicious are culinary initiatives exclusive to Toronto). It is not, however, dissimilar.
Basically, three participating Clarkson-area restos are offering guests affordable, prix fixe lunch and dinner menus that will, ideally, draw in more casual diners and highlight local cuisine.
Participating restaurants include:
- Solstice Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Michael’s Back Door
- Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro
Diners can enjoy a two course lunch ($22.95), three course lunch ($26.95) or dinner ($34.95) at any of the restos during the event.
Beyond offering tasty food to residents who might not otherwise drop dough in such fine-dining establishments, the event aims to keep people — perhaps people tempted by Winterlicious—eating a little closer to home.
“We urge you to stay in Mississauga for your fine dining needs for the weeks of Taste of Clarkson #stayinsauga,” organizers are known to say in regards to the popular event. “And see what is your neighbourhood and travel the world with the dishes served.”
So, if you’re hoping to stay local (especially with inclement weather being part and parcel of this time of year), it looks like Mississauga — or at least the Clarkson area — is providing some delicious incentive.
If you want to #stayinsauga, you know where to go
For more info, click here.
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Mississauga woman accused of abduction
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19 updates, vaccines and tickets - May 4, 2021
- Young child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Loblaws, No Frills employees in Mississauga test positive for COVID-19