Mississauga's Pearson Airport welcomes nine more flights with COVID-19 cases
Nine more flights with confirmed COVID-19 cases have been reported at Pearson Airport recently, the majority of which were international flights that landed at the airport from abroad.
On February 12, two domestic flights departed the airport with confirmed cases of the virus. The flights were headed to Montreal and Thunder Bay.
From February 12 to 13, there was also one international flight that departed Pearson and six that arrived at Pearson with confirmed cases.
A number of rows were affected on each flight.
According to the federal government, a row is considered affected if it’s three rows behind or in front of a row where a seated person is confirmed to have COVID-19 “during a period when they may have been infectious to others.”
Passengers who were sitting in the affected rows (or all passengers on the flight if rows aren’t specified) are advised to self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days and contact public health if they start showing symptoms of the virus.
Travellers are reminded to quarantine for 14 days after returning to Canada from abroad.
New travel restrictions came into effect on February 1, including a mandatory COVID-19 test when arriving at Pearson and mandatory quarantining at local hotels. Travellers who refuse the test could be hit with a $750 fine.
All flight data is listed on the federal government’s website.
- 11 new flights land at Pearson Airport in Mississauga with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Another 16 flights with COVID-19 cases reported at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Several flights depart/arrive at Pearson Airport in Mississauga with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- 25 new flights with COVID-19 cases reported at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- 28 flights with COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga's Pearson Airport over past week
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard