Mississauga’s oldest nightclub has closed down
It looks like Mississauga’s modest bar/nightclub scene has taken another hit.
Blue Suede Sue’s, the longest-running night club in Mississauga (according to the club’s official website), has seemingly closed its doors for good.
Signage on the club’s door suggests it closed earlier this year due to non-payment of rent.
“The premises have been re-entered and the lease has been terminated by the landlord for default in the payment of rent,” the sign, which was shared on social media back in June, reads.
The club, which has been around since 1989, was well-loved by more mature residents who spent many weekends enjoying the establishment’s three bars, two dance floors and eclectic decor.
According to the website, the bar’s decor also featured “flying surfers, a jet, an antique bi-plane, and an LED octopus above the main dance floor.”
The news is upsetting for nightlife seekers, especially since residents recently learned that they’re officially losing Failte Irish Pub, a near-legendary watering hole in the Square One area that functioned as a restaurant, live music venue and dance club for over 20 years.
In an Instagram post, Failte said it was closing due to “unforeseen events surrounding the pandemic.”
While Blue Suede Sue’s website is still live (and the bar has yet to be marked as permanently closed on Google), the company appears to have deleted all of its social media accounts. The phone number for the nightclub is also out of service.
Fans of the nightclub shared their disappointment on social media.
“This makes me sad! Say it ain’t so! I knew something was up when I noticed their Instagram account was deleted…Unless they wanted to sell and then so be it and I’m looking forward to what might be going in there next! Hopefully something for an older crowd as well. A lot of great times had there over many many years,” a user wrote on Facebook.
- Top 5 Bars & Clubs Taxis Pick Up from in Mississauga
- Top 5 biggest non-COVID news stories in Mississauga in 2020
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Police Searching for Nightclub Shooting Suspect in Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga