Mississauga's Jack and Seminoles set for NCAA March Madness opener
Mississauga’s Nathanael Jack has a first-round East Region date with the Spartans.
The 23-year-old senior guard and his fourth-seeded Florida State Seminoles (16-6) will tip-off their NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament against No. 13 UNC Greensboro Spartans (21-8) this Saturday at 12:45 p.m.
The six-foot-five, 195-pound pure shooter, who attended Calusa Prep in Miami, averaged 4.0 points, 0.7 rebounds and 0.2 assists this season for the Seminoles.
The 68-team March Madness Tournament, which was cancelled last season because of the pandemic, officially kicks off Thursday with two First four- play-in games.
The championship game is scheduled for April 5.
The entire tournament this year will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana and surrounding areas.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY PHOTO
- Brampton's Blair looking to lead Hoyas to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
- Oakville's Cyrus looking to lead Gauchos to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
- Milton's Lufile and Golden Eagles look to stun Buckeyes in NCAA March Madness opener
- Lufile and Golden Eagles off to Sweet 16 at NCAA Tournament
- Oakville's Cerantola looking to lead Mississippi State at College World Series
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- Married parents of two from Milton celebrating big lotto win
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer