Mississauga's Jack and Seminoles set for NCAA March Madness opener
Mississauga’s Nathanael Jack has a first-round East Region date with the Spartans.
The 23-year-old senior guard and his fourth-seeded Florida State Seminoles (16-6) will tip-off their NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament against No. 13 UNC Greensboro Spartans (21-8) this Saturday at 12:45 p.m.
The six-foot-five, 195-pound pure shooter, who attended Calusa Prep in Miami, averaged 4.0 points, 0.7 rebounds and 0.2 assists this season for the Seminoles.
The 68-team March Madness Tournament, which was cancelled last season because of the pandemic, officially kicks off Thursday with two First four- play-in games.
The championship game is scheduled for April 5.
The entire tournament this year will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana and surrounding areas.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY PHOTO
- Brampton's Blair looking to lead Hoyas to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
- Oakville's Cyrus looking to lead Gauchos to upset in NCAA March Madness opener
- Milton's Lufile and Golden Eagles look to stun Buckeyes in NCAA March Madness opener
- Lufile and Golden Eagles off to Sweet 16 at NCAA Tournament
- Little Native Hockey League to Hold Tournament in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more