Mississauga's City Manager and CAO set to retire
After nearly 15 years of managing Ontario’s third-largest city (and the six-largest in Canada), Janice Baker, City Manager and Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Mississauga, has announced that she will be retiring.
Her last day with the City will be May 31, 2020.
Mayor Crombie made the announcement On Nov. 19 and outlined next steps to select the next city manager.
“Mississauga is in the enviable position we are today in thanks to Janice’s leadership, dedication and hard work. There is a reason that Mississauga has gained a reputation across the municipal sector as a fiscally responsible, well-oiled machine,” said Crombie in a statement.
“It’s been a pleasure to work with Janice over the past eight years as mayor and before that as a councillor. I want to thank Janice for her over 30-year commitment to public service and wish her all the best as she embarks on this next chapter. While she will be missed, I’m confident that our city is in good hands and prepared for the future,”
The city says council’s top priority is to “ensure a seamless transition for both residents and staff.”
“On behalf of council, I would like to thank Janice for her bold leadership and unwavering commitment to Mississauga. She leaves big shoes to fill. We look forward to embarking on the next chapter of our City’s future,” said Crombie.
“Council will hold a special in-camera meeting on November 27, 2019, to discuss next steps and the process for recruiting Mississauga’s next city manager.”
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- Mayor Crombie Says Ontario Bill Will Force Residents To Pay More For City's Growth
- Highlights of Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie's State of the City Address
- BREAKING: Mississauga City Councillor Jim Tovey Dies Suddenly
- Mississauga City Council Will Start Recording Votes
- Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie to Present Bianca Andreescu With Key to the City