Mississauga's Bianca Andreescu Takes Home Massive Earnings After Winning US Open
In case you missed the news yesterday, Mississauga native Bianca Andreescu made tennis history when she won the US Open 2019.
Andreescu was able to defeat opponent Serena Williams in the finals, making her the first Canadian to ever win the tournament as well as the first Canadian to win a Grand Slam singles title.
While this is a huge win for Andreescu that cements her place as one of the world’s top tennis players, it’s also a huge financial boon for her, considering the massive winnings.
According to Forbes, Andreescu picked up $3.85 million for winning the US Open 2019 — more money than she’s made throughout her entire career up until that point.
WTA (@WTA) September 8, 2019
Right now, the young but exceptionally talented player is taking the time to enjoy her win, according to WTA Tennis.
“I don’t think I’ve lost a match since March, so my confidence is sky-rocketing right now,” she said. “I just don’t want to take anything for granted because there’s going to be weeks where you’re going to lose. Hopefully, I can keep the momentum going.”
For full coverage of the US Open 2019 finals, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of WTA Tennis on Twitter
- BREAKING: Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Becomes First Canadian to Win US Open Women's Singles
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Makes it to Finals in California Tournament
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu to Face Serena Williams in Rogers Cup Finals
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins Rogers Cup After Serena Williams Retires from Match
- Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Advances to Finals at Rogers Cup