Mississauga's Andreescu pulls out of Australian tennis tournament
Injuries are slowing down Mississauga's Bianca Andreescu.
The 20-year-old tennis star has pulled out of an upcoming tournament in Australia after recently returning from an injury that kept her out of action for 15 months.
Andreescu now says she won't be competing in the Adelaide International tournament because of a leg injury.
"After coming back from 15 months (off) and playing long, tough matches, I'm dealing with a lower body issue," Andreescu said in a statement released by Adelaide International organizers. "I want to think about the rest of the season so I'm pulling out of Adelaide."
Just days ago Andreescu was defeated by Marie Bouzkova in the semi-final of the Phillip Island Trophy tournament in Melbourne and earlier had bowed out of the Australian Open when she lost to Hsieh Su-Wei in the second round.
Andreescu suffered a knee injury in October 2019 and had been training since before embarking on her recent return.
(Photo by Tennis Australia/Natasha Morello)
- Bianca Andreescu withdraws from tournament due to knee injury
- Bianca Andreescu forced to withdraw from tournament due to injury
- Mississauga tennis champ Bianca Andreescu will sit out Australian Open due to knee injury
- Bianca Andreescu withdraws from tournament due to injury
- Mississauga's Andreescu records first-round win at Australian Open in long-awaited return
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Mass test results are in from the Mississauga condo for the variants of concern
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- Employee at Loblaws in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19.