Mississauga Woman Takes Home a Record Breaking Jackpot
A Mississauga woman became very, very rich.
A local woman has won what appears to be "the largest jackpot ever in the history of Canadian lottery," according to a recent Canadian Press article. (Cover photo from ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING)
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. (OLG) announced that Zhe Wang is the lucky -- very, very lucky -- owner of a ticket that just netted her a pretty nifty $64 million. The ticket is from the Oct. 17 Lotto 649 draw and was purchased at a Sauga Petro-Canada gas station.
According to the Canadian Press, OLG has said Wang's momentous prize is the largest jackpot won by a player with a single ticket in Canadian history. Previously, a $63.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot was won in 2013 and shared among four winning ticket holders.
Congrats to Ms. Wang!
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21