Mississauga Woman Takes Home a Record Breaking Jackpot
A Mississauga woman became very, very rich.
A local woman has won what appears to be "the largest jackpot ever in the history of Canadian lottery," according to a recent Canadian Press article. (Cover photo from ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING)
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. (OLG) announced that Zhe Wang is the lucky -- very, very lucky -- owner of a ticket that just netted her a pretty nifty $64 million. The ticket is from the Oct. 17 Lotto 649 draw and was purchased at a Sauga Petro-Canada gas station.
According to the Canadian Press, OLG has said Wang's momentous prize is the largest jackpot won by a player with a single ticket in Canadian history. Previously, a $63.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot was won in 2013 and shared among four winning ticket holders.
Congrats to Ms. Wang!
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- No winning ticket for Saturday night’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday night’s $8.7 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga