Mississauga Woman Takes Home a Record Breaking Jackpot
A Mississauga woman became very, very rich.
A local woman has won what appears to be "the largest jackpot ever in the history of Canadian lottery," according to a recent Canadian Press article. (Cover photo from ONTARIO LOTTERY AND GAMING)
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. (OLG) announced that Zhe Wang is the lucky -- very, very lucky -- owner of a ticket that just netted her a pretty nifty $64 million. The ticket is from the Oct. 17 Lotto 649 draw and was purchased at a Sauga Petro-Canada gas station.
According to the Canadian Press, OLG has said Wang's momentous prize is the largest jackpot won by a player with a single ticket in Canadian history. Previously, a $63.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot was won in 2013 and shared among four winning ticket holders.
Congrats to Ms. Wang!
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed on QEW identified as man from Mississauga
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga