Mississauga Woman in Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash in Halton Hills
A woman is in critical condition after a motorcycle crash in Halton Hills.
Police say the crash occurred in rural Halton Hills on Sunday (July 28) morning.
“Shortly after 8:00 a.m. a 34-year-old Mississauga woman was riding her motorcycle eastbound on 15 Side Road near Fourth Line when she lost control on a curve and crashed into a ditch,” reads a Halton Police press release. “This was witnessed by two of her friends who were riding motorcycles behind her.”
The woman was taken to the Georgetown District Hospital by EMS, and from there was airlifted by ORNGE to the General Hospital, Hamilton.
Police say she is currently listed in critical condition with internal injuries.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit of Traffic Services has taken carriage of the investigation and no speculation regarding the cause of the crash will be made until the investigation is complete.
According to police, the road was closed for several hours while investigators completed their scene analysis.
- School Bus Crash Sends Mississauga Woman to Hospital
- Woman in Critical Condition After Possible Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Man in Critical Condition After Hwy. 403 Crash in Mississauga
- One Person in Critical Condition After Crash in Mississauga
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26