Mississauga Woman Facing Firearm Related Charges
One woman has been arrested following a police investigation in Mississauga, and an arrest warrant has been issued for a second suspect.
At approximately 2:20 p.m. on Thursday (March 1), officers investigated a vehicle in the area of Morning Star and Harwick Drive. One male suspect reportedly fled the scene on foot and discarded a fully loaded FNX-9 9MM handgun.
Police say they also located a fully loaded Walther 9MM handgun and ammunition.
Mississauga woman Fernanda Martinez-Argueta, 22, was arrested and charged with two counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm, among other firearm-related charges. She attended a bail hearing on Friday, March 2 at the Ontario Court of Justice.
An arrest warrant has been issued for 23-year-old Mississauga man Trevell Rumbaki for unauthorized possession of a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon, among other offences.
Rumbaki is described as a multi-racial male, medium complexion, 6'1'', 139 lbs, and a thin build. He has straight black hair, a thin mustache, scraggly black beard and brown eyes.
Anyone with information on this incident or the suspect’s whereabouts is asked to call investigators at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
Photos via Peel Regional Police
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Suspect Involved in Firearm Offences in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences