Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Raid
Although it appears that Canada is inching ever closer to legalizing marijuana, pot dispensaries are still being raided and charges being laid.
On Wednesday, seven people -- including a Mississauga woman -- were charged after Toronto police raided two dispensaries, according to a recent Toronto Star article.
The Mississauga woman, Paula Roopnarine, 25, was charged along with Cory Feferman, 29, and Joseph Nguyen, 25 when their King and Spadina-area shop was searched. The Star reports that the three were charged with possession of a substance for the purpose of trafficking and possession of proceeds obtained by crime after the police executed a search warrant at Potluck Apothecary and Dispensary in Toronto.
Police have raided several GTA dispensaries over the past few months.
There are legal dispensaries in Mississauga that are licensed by Heath Canada.
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Peel Police Find Missing Mississauga Woman
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Police Seeking Public's Help in Locating Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Top 5 Filipino Restaurants in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Police Raided an Illegal Marijuana Dispensary in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Two Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Robberies
- Peel Police Crack Down on Illegal Cannabis Dispensaries in Mississauga