Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Raid
Although it appears that Canada is inching ever closer to legalizing marijuana, pot dispensaries are still being raided and charges being laid.
On Wednesday, seven people -- including a Mississauga woman -- were charged after Toronto police raided two dispensaries, according to a recent Toronto Star article.
The Mississauga woman, Paula Roopnarine, 25, was charged along with Cory Feferman, 29, and Joseph Nguyen, 25 when their King and Spadina-area shop was searched. The Star reports that the three were charged with possession of a substance for the purpose of trafficking and possession of proceeds obtained by crime after the police executed a search warrant at Potluck Apothecary and Dispensary in Toronto.
Police have raided several GTA dispensaries over the past few months.
There are legal dispensaries in Mississauga that are licensed by Heath Canada.
- Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Police Raided an Illegal Marijuana Dispensary in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Two Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Robberies
- Peel Police Crack Down on Illegal Cannabis Dispensaries in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone early next month
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Mississauga council votes to oppose construction of new GTA highway