Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Raid
Although it appears that Canada is inching ever closer to legalizing marijuana, pot dispensaries are still being raided and charges being laid.
On Wednesday, seven people -- including a Mississauga woman -- were charged after Toronto police raided two dispensaries, according to a recent Toronto Star article.
The Mississauga woman, Paula Roopnarine, 25, was charged along with Cory Feferman, 29, and Joseph Nguyen, 25 when their King and Spadina-area shop was searched. The Star reports that the three were charged with possession of a substance for the purpose of trafficking and possession of proceeds obtained by crime after the police executed a search warrant at Potluck Apothecary and Dispensary in Toronto.
Police have raided several GTA dispensaries over the past few months.
There are legal dispensaries in Mississauga that are licensed by Heath Canada.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- Mississauga Woman Charged in Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Police Raided an Illegal Marijuana Dispensary in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Two Mississauga Residents Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Robberies
- 11 Charged in GTA Drug Trafficking Bust