Mississauga Woman Charged Following Fatal Car Crash Involving School Bus
A 23-year-old Mississauga woman is facing charges following a fatal collision involving a school bus.
Toronto police say that on Tuesday, May 15 at 10:37 p.m., officers responded to a call for a collision at Lake Shore Boulevard West and Thirteenth Street in Etobicoke.
Police allege that the accused, who was driving a Honda CRV eastbound on Lake Shore Boulevard West with a 25-year-old male passenger in the vehicle with her, drifted into the curb lane and struck the rear of an unoccupied school bus
The passenger sustained life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Keran Baraj was arrested and charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death, criminal negligence causing death and more.
The accused appeared in court on May 17.
Police are asking local residents, workers and drivers who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900.
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Man Charged After One Person Killed and Two Others Seriously Injured in Multiple GTA Collisions
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Mississauga Teen Charged in Fatal Georgetown Crash