Mississauga Woman Charged Following Fatal Car Crash Involving School Bus
A 23-year-old Mississauga woman is facing charges following a fatal collision involving a school bus.
Toronto police say that on Tuesday, May 15 at 10:37 p.m., officers responded to a call for a collision at Lake Shore Boulevard West and Thirteenth Street in Etobicoke.
Police allege that the accused, who was driving a Honda CRV eastbound on Lake Shore Boulevard West with a 25-year-old male passenger in the vehicle with her, drifted into the curb lane and struck the rear of an unoccupied school bus
The passenger sustained life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say Keran Baraj was arrested and charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death, criminal negligence causing death and more.
The accused appeared in court on May 17.
Police are asking local residents, workers and drivers who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900.
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Man charged with impaired driving after crash kills 19 year old in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged Following Fatal Oakville Crash
- Mississauga man charged in relation to fatal collision
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Property taxes set to rise in Mississauga, councillors agree to a salary freeze
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home