Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
A Mississauga woman is facing charges in connection with a truck theft in Orangeville.
Orangeville police recently announced that officers arrested and charged a 22-year-old woman with several criminal offences after she allegedly stole a vehicle while its owner was changing a tire.
Police report that on Monday, Aug. 21 at approximately 10:00 pm, a 2009 Ford F150 was stopped on Broadway near First Street due to a flat tire. Accused thief Alyssa Gaforan Hosein reportedly approached the male owner of the truck to offer assistance in changing the tire. While the owner was outside at the rear of the truck, the woman allegedly entered the cab, started the vehicle and drove away, travelling west on Broadway.
The owner immediately called police.
Officers stopped the vehicle in the parking lot of the retail plaza at 286 Broadway and the driver was taken into custody.
Hosein was arrested and charged with theft over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime, mischief under $5,000 and driving while disqualified.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- UPDATE: Here's What's Happening with the Hurontario LRT Project in Mississauga
- New Openings: Old School Bar & Grill
- Japanese-Inspired Restobar Set to Open Soon in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Theft
- Two Men Arrested in Connection With Mississauga Car Theft
- Police Identify Man Arrested in Connection With Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Tricking Walmart into Buying Stolen Merchandise