Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
A Mississauga woman is facing charges in connection with a truck theft in Orangeville.
Orangeville police recently announced that officers arrested and charged a 22-year-old woman with several criminal offences after she allegedly stole a vehicle while its owner was changing a tire.
Police report that on Monday, Aug. 21 at approximately 10:00 pm, a 2009 Ford F150 was stopped on Broadway near First Street due to a flat tire. Accused thief Alyssa Gaforan Hosein reportedly approached the male owner of the truck to offer assistance in changing the tire. While the owner was outside at the rear of the truck, the woman allegedly entered the cab, started the vehicle and drove away, travelling west on Broadway.
The owner immediately called police.
Officers stopped the vehicle in the parking lot of the retail plaza at 286 Broadway and the driver was taken into custody.
Hosein was arrested and charged with theft over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime, mischief under $5,000 and driving while disqualified.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
- Condo Proposal Changed After Residents Express Fury in Mississauga
- Road Closed After Truck Crashes into Tree in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Fountain Temporarily Closed at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- A Trendy Craft Brewery Has Officially Opened in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Theft
- Mississauga Woman Charged in Connection with “Fraud Caper Investigation”
- Two Men Arrested in Connection With Mississauga Car Theft
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga