Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
A Mississauga woman is facing charges in connection with a truck theft in Orangeville.
Orangeville police recently announced that officers arrested and charged a 22-year-old woman with several criminal offences after she allegedly stole a vehicle while its owner was changing a tire.
Police report that on Monday, Aug. 21 at approximately 10:00 pm, a 2009 Ford F150 was stopped on Broadway near First Street due to a flat tire. Accused thief Alyssa Gaforan Hosein reportedly approached the male owner of the truck to offer assistance in changing the tire. While the owner was outside at the rear of the truck, the woman allegedly entered the cab, started the vehicle and drove away, travelling west on Broadway.
The owner immediately called police.
Officers stopped the vehicle in the parking lot of the retail plaza at 286 Broadway and the driver was taken into custody.
Hosein was arrested and charged with theft over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime, mischief under $5,000 and driving while disqualified.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Woman charged following "warm-up" car theft in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection with Major Theft
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Mississauga Woman Charged in Connection with “Fraud Caper Investigation”
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga