Mississauga wins award at 2019 IEDC Conference
In addition to being one of the most rapidly growing cities, and one of the nation’s safest cities, Mississauga is getting another accolade--it is now an award-winning city.
This October, the city’s Economic Development Office (EDO) won the Silver Award for Key Sector Brochures from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
“As one of Canada’s fastest-growing municipalities, I am proud of the success that our Economic Development Office has experienced over the years. Mississauga is a city in demand thanks to their expertise in attracting and retaining jobs, talent and business investments,” Mayor Bonnie Crombie said in a news release.
“This award is a firm indication that the world is taking notice of Mississauga and proves once again that we are a world-class city, where businesses choose to be,” she continued.
According to the news release, Mississauga’s EDO won the award for, “demonstrating excellence in communicating information about Mississauga’s geographical attributes and market area prospects.”
The award was presented to the EDO on October 15 at the annual IEDC conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.
“We are proud that our marketing efforts have received attention from our peers around the world,” Bonnie Brown, director of Economic Development, said.
“In Mississauga, we have a robust and diverse business community that makes up some of the largest knowledge-based industries in Canada. Businesses and talent are attracted to Mississauga because we have the right ingredients and we demonstrate that through our marketing and promotional efforts to ensure we’re targeting investments that contribute to the city’s growth,” she continued.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- PHOTOS: Driver injured after crashing into tanker truck in Mississauga
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- Mississauga Named Top Mid-Sized City Of The Future In North And South America
- These Mississauga Teachers Received A Canada-Wide Award
- Economic Growth For Mississauga Expected Through New Funding Initiative
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie To Become Chair Of New Southern Ontario Council
- Four Mississauga Schools Just Won an Exciting Award