Mississauga, Whitby chefs showcased at GRAZE culinary event in TO this fall
Published January 27, 2023 at 11:35 am
Food Network Canada’s GRAZE culinary event in Toronto this September will feature some of Canada’s top chefs, including a trio of celebrity Mississauga chefs and a Whitby restaurant owner and former Fire Masters judge.
Hosted by television personality Noah Cappe, GRAZE will feature some of the biggest names in the Canadian food scene alongside best-in-class food and drink offerings. Festival-goers will be able to enjoy immersive culinary experiences complimented by a wide array of activations, live music, local art, and more at Toronto harbour-side Corus Quay and Sugar Beach.
Attendees can take part in chef-led tastings, food demos, cooking classes and interactive exhibits. With pop-ups from some of the city’s most celebrated restaurants, patrons can indulge in the latest gastronomical greatness with Lake Ontario as the backdrop.
Cappe, a familiar face to Canadians as the host of Food Network Canada’s Carnival Eats, Wall of Chefs and Wall of Bakers will act as host, leading the festivities as he keeps audiences entertained with his signature humour and charm.
GRAZE Toronto’s 2023 initial lineup of esteemed chefs includes:
- Lynn Crawford– Acclaimed chef, cookbook author and owner of Mississauga’s The Hearth, Crawford is a longstanding Food Network Canada personality, most recently seen as a judge on Junior Chef Showdown, Wall of Chefs, and Wall of Bakers.
- Roger Mooking– Trinidadian-born, Canadian-raised celebrity chef, restaurateur (Twist by Roger Mooking – Mississauga), television host, author, and award-winning recording artist. Another veteran Food Network Canada and Cooking Channel personality, most recently seen as a judge on Wall of Chefs and host of Man Fire Food.
- Massimo Capra– Renowned chef, cookbook author and owner of Mississauga restaurants Boccone and Capra’s Kitchen (he also lends his name to Massimo’s Italian in Niagara Falls), Capra has also been around on the network, most recently seen as a judge on Wall of Chefs.
- Andrea Nicholson– Owner of Butchie’s in Whitby (famed for its ‘Meat+Three concept), the chef with the personality for days is a judge on Food Network Canada’s Fire Masters and a Top Chef Canada
- Tre Sanderson– Winner of Top Chef Canada, Season 10 and one of Toronto’s most in-demand chefs, the graduate of Durham College’s culinary program in Whitby (DC Top Chef)) is currently creating pop-up dining events to rave reviews.
- Christine Cushing– Esteemed chef, cookbook author and award-winning television host, Cushing is another longstanding Food Network Canada personality most recently seen as a judge on Wall of Bakers and Wall of Chefs.
- Mark McEwan– Celebrated Canadian chef, cookbook author and owner of The McEwan Group which includes Bymark, Fabbrica, and McEwan Fine Foods in Toronto, Diwan in suburban North York, and Fabbrica in Thornbury (west of Collingwood), McEwan was most recently seen as a judge on Top Chef Canada and Wall of Chefs.
- Afrim Pristine, Maître Fromager – Canada’s premier cheese expert, owner of the Cheese Boutique, cookbook author and host of Food Network Canada’s Cheese: A Love Story.
- Dale MacKay– Saskatoon-based chef and co-owner of Ayden Kitchen and Bar, Little Grouse on the Prairie, Sticks and Stones, Avenue Restaurant, and Dojo Ramen. Most recently seen as a judge on Wall of Chefs and Fire Masters, and guest judge on Top Chef Canada, Season 10.
- Nuit Regular– Eminent Toronto-based chef, cookbook author and restaurateur; executive chef and co-owner of PAI, Kiin, By Chef Nuit and Sukhothai and executive chef of Selva. Judge on Wall of Chefs.
- Steve Hodge– Chocolatier and owner of Temper Chocolate & Pastry (Vancouver), judge on Food Network Canada’s Great Chocolate Showdown and Wall of Bakers, and host of Project Bakeover.
- Suzanne Barr– Respected chef, author and food personality most recently seen as a judge on Wall of Chefs
Additional participating chefs, from some of the GTA’s best and most buzzed-about restaurants, will be announced at a later date.
“We’re excited to unveil GRAZE Toronto’s initial lineup of chefs who represent the crème de la crème of Canada’s food scene,” said Dervla Kelly, Senior Vice-President of Marketing at Corus Entertainment. “GRAZE will be a one-of-a-kind, premium food event with a high-intent audience ready to engage with the festival’s offerings and sponsors.”
Tickets and more details will be shared in April.
GRAZE Toronto is developed by a team of event, festival and media experts, presented by Food Network Canada and produced by Corus in partnership with Eatertainment Events & Catering. Judy Merry, an industry veteran with more than 20 years of experience planning and executing some of North America’s most successful festivals and tradeshows, is the Executive Producer of GRAZE.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising