Mississauga weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
Mississauga is under a winter weather travel advisory beginning Friday afternoon and carrying into the evening.
The timing of this snowfall may potentially lengthen afternoon commute times significantly.
According to Environment Canada, “A well-organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron will move across the area late this afternoon into this evening”.
“At this point, it seems very likely this band will impact the afternoon/evening commute in the Golden Horseshoe from Oshawa to Hamilton. This band may also impact the 401 corridor from Oshawa to Kingston late this afternoon as well.”
This band will be capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to visibility in heavy snow.
Travelers are advised to exercise caution and allow extra time to reach their destination.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says