Mississauga Waterfront Village Awarded Best New Community
The Lakeview Village has been awarded best new community at the 39th BILD Awards.
The BILD Awards is a land development and home industry award show in the GTA. It gives away prizes to the best new community planned or developed, best home builder, the project of the year and more. It is presented by the Building Industry and Land Development Association to recognize achievements in the land development industry.
This year, they awarded the Lakeview Community Partners, a partnership between Argo Development Corporation, Branthaven Homes, CCI Development Group, Greenpark Homes, and TACC Construction, in collaboration with Gerrard Design, Glen Schnarr & Associates, NAK Design Group and DECO Communities for the best community that is planned or under development.
The Lakeview Village is Mississauga’s urban waterfront neighbourhood. It will feature a continuous waterfront connecting existing parks, diverse housing, cycling routes, pedestrian pathways and connections to transit. It will also have a recreation centre that will combine indoor and outdoor venues and year-round programming, which will be a central gathering place for the community. Lakeview Village aims to be highly livable for residents, so they can enjoy amenities close to home and enjoy the all-season waterfront destination.
Lakeview Community Partners Limited President Fabio Mazzocco says, “we are extremely honoured to receive this recognition for the extensive and innovative work currently underway on Lakeview Village. Lakeview Village will be one of Canada’s most transformative mixed-used re-development projects, bringing new life to Mississauga’s waterfront.”
The area is unprecedented for Canada. It will create a sustainable mixed-use community and an all-season destination. It was the former site of the Lakeview Generating Station, a decommissioned coal-fired power plant. This is the first time Mississauga residents and visitors will have access to this portion of the Lake Ontario waterfront in decades.
According to the press release, this 177-acre revitalization project will revolutionize the way people live, visit and experience the waterfront through its design and curated collection of housing, retail, office and recreational programming. It will include thousands of residential units, more than 100,000 square feet of prime retail space, up to 825,000 square feet of employment space, and create as many as 4,500 long-term jobs.
The construction is set to finish in 2020.
You can read more about the Lakeview Village, here.
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Police Responding to a Robbery Involving a Gun in Mississauga
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- Top 5 Under The Radar Pizza Joints in Mississauga
- Massive Waterfront Development is Underway in Mississauga Near Port Credit
- Here's Your Chance to Weigh in On the Mississauga Waterfront Redevelopment
- Mississauga Talks Waterfront Development at Panel
- Renowned Architect Set to Work on Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga