Mississauga Victims Identified in Horrific Head-On Collision
A 30-year-old Mississauga man is dead and a Brampton man in critical condition following a horrific two-car, head-on collision in Bruce Peninsula.
Two other Brampton residents and another Mississauga man also sustained injuries during the crash.
The OPP report that on Aug. 26 at approximately 7:53 p.m., officers and emergency crews responded to a head-on collision on Highway 6 between Lindsay Road 30 and Miller Lake Road in Northern Bruce Peninsula.
Police say a Dodge Charger, which was carrying the five Peel residents, was driving erratically when it collided with an SUV traveling northbound. The impact of the crash caused the SUV to burst in flames and the driver and passenger in that vehicle were pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Dodge Charger, Mississauga man Jim Thomas Johny, was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead. The other passengers inside the Charger have been identified as 42-year old Brampton resident Shovani Pathak, 31-year old Brampton resident Sheena Varma, 24-year old Mississauga resident Arun Sadana and 39-year old Brampton resident Ravinder Kalsi. Police say Kalsi remains in critical condition.
The investigation is ongoing and the names of the deceased driver and passenger of the SUV are being withheld pending identification and notification of next-of-kin.
The Bruce Peninsula OPP is asking anyone with information to call 1-888-310-1122.
- Mississauga Man Dies Following Horrific Head-On Collision
- UPDATE: Mississauga Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Two Mississauga Residents Dead in Horrific Hamilton Crash
- Off-Duty Officer and Passenger Pronounced Dead After Crash in Mississauga
- Two dead and six injured in head-on collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- McDonald's reopens in North Mississauga after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- US Vice-President candidate Kamala Harris has a Mississauga connection
- One-bedroom apartments in Mississauga third most expensive on list of 35 Canadian cities