Mississauga Unveils Its First Pickleball Courts
There's never been a better time to be a pickleball enthusiast in Mississauga.
The city has unveiled its very first public outdoor pickleball courts, located at Mississauga Valley Community Centre.
Although the courts themselves aren't new, two tennis courts at the community centre now include painted pickleball lines, in response to some citizens' increasing demand to play pickleball.
For those who aren't very familiar with the strangely named yet innovative racquet sport: Pickleball is described as a cross between badminton, tennis and table tennis, combining elements of all three. The sport is played in pairs or doubles, and uses a wiffleball and short-handed paddles (larger than ping pong paddles).
Players can book their pickleball racquets and balls at the front desk of the community centre for no charge. Keep in mind equipment is available on a first come first serve basis, so get there early if you want to play! Have fun, pickleball players!
- Mississauga locks sport courts after people refuse to follow social distancing orders
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga
- Table Tennis Heaven - My Table Tennis Club
- New Multi-Sport Court Opens in Mississauga
- Mississauga closes playgrounds, courts and other outdoor spaces amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits