Mississauga Under Severe Thunderstorm Watch
According to Environment Canada numerous thunderstorms are expected to affect much of southern Ontario this afternoon and early evening. Damaging wind gusts and torrential downpours giving rainfall amounts in excess of 50 mm are the main threats.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
- Elderly Man Found in Mississauga
- MUJI Introducing Unique New Winter Clothing Collection at Square One in Mississauga
- Sears Liquidation Sales Set to Hit Mississauga Very Soon
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Mississauga Set to Pay Tribute to Tragically Hip Frontman Gord Downie Today