Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
A Mississauga man is enjoying a $1 million lotto prize.
OLG says Keith Murray, a 62-year old travel agency owner, has that "6/49 feeling" after winning the guaranteed $1 Million Prize in the June 3, 2020, Lotto 6/49 draw.
OLG says Murray bought his winning ticket on the way back from dropping off food for a friend in quarantine.
He discovered his big win after the draw using the OLG Lottery App.
"I didn't believe that this was happening," he told OLG.
"I had to ask my wife to double-check, and she told me to google what number a one and six zeroes was - we were in denial.”
Murray told OLG that his family business has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Paying debts is a priority, and this will give our business a much-needed influx of cash. We're the second generation to run this business and it's so important to us that we can ensure that this family legacy carries on to the next generation," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at J & H Flower Convenience on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- $1 million lottery prize was won by a ticket in Ontario on Saturday's draw
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Winning $1 million lotto ticket sold in Mississauga
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- Over 5,000 homes and businesses without power in Mississauga
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- She picked up a ticket on a whim and won a big lotto prize in Mississauga
- Hotspot vaccines for over 18 crowd not ready to roll in Mississauga and Brampton