Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
A Mississauga man is enjoying a $1 million lotto prize.
OLG says Keith Murray, a 62-year old travel agency owner, has that "6/49 feeling" after winning the guaranteed $1 Million Prize in the June 3, 2020, Lotto 6/49 draw.
OLG says Murray bought his winning ticket on the way back from dropping off food for a friend in quarantine.
He discovered his big win after the draw using the OLG Lottery App.
"I didn't believe that this was happening," he told OLG.
"I had to ask my wife to double-check, and she told me to google what number a one and six zeroes was - we were in denial.”
Murray told OLG that his family business has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Paying debts is a priority, and this will give our business a much-needed influx of cash. We're the second generation to run this business and it's so important to us that we can ensure that this family legacy carries on to the next generation," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at J & H Flower Convenience on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row