Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
A Mississauga man is enjoying a $1 million lotto prize.
OLG says Keith Murray, a 62-year old travel agency owner, has that "6/49 feeling" after winning the guaranteed $1 Million Prize in the June 3, 2020, Lotto 6/49 draw.
OLG says Murray bought his winning ticket on the way back from dropping off food for a friend in quarantine.
He discovered his big win after the draw using the OLG Lottery App.
"I didn't believe that this was happening," he told OLG.
"I had to ask my wife to double-check, and she told me to google what number a one and six zeroes was - we were in denial.”
Murray told OLG that his family business has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Paying debts is a priority, and this will give our business a much-needed influx of cash. We're the second generation to run this business and it's so important to us that we can ensure that this family legacy carries on to the next generation," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at J & H Flower Convenience on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto has resumed in-person prize claims for winning-ticket holders of $50,000 or more by appointment only.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Enforcement of Ontario’s new stay-at-home orders: an explanation
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March