Mississauga to host World Rowing Indoor Championships
Rowing fans, get ready!
The World Rowing Federation has announced that Mississauga will be hosting the World Rowing Indoor Championships in 2023.
While this is the city’s first time hosting the World Championships, it has hosted the Canadian Indoor Rowing Championships (CIRC) for the past 11 years.
The Championships, set to be held on February 25 and 26, 2023 at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre, will be two full days of race events combining the CIRC program alongside World Rowing Indoor events.
2,500 to 3,500 participants from around the world are expected to attend.
“Mississauga is thrilled to be selected to host the 2023 World Rowing Indoor Championships. Our successful bid reflects our ability to manage internationally-known sporting events at a premiere sports venue like the Paramount Fine Food Centre,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
Other major cities around the world that bid to host the Championships include Lima, Peru; Beijing, China; Cairo, Egypt; Hamburg, Germany; Prague, Czech Republic; and London, England.
“Mississauga is a diverse, welcoming and energetic city. We can’t wait to welcome the world’s top indoor rowing competitors, their coaches, families and fans to our great city in 2023.”
More information about the World Indoor Rowing Championships can be found at Tourism Mississauga.
- Oakville family set to sweep up for Portugal at world mixed curling championships
- Canada is Co-Hosting the 2026 World Cup
- FIFA visits Toronto this week to hold 2026 World Cup candidate city workshops
- Candidate cities’ selection process for 2026 World Cup takes next step
- Mississauga designated as a part of the Tree Cities of the World
- Mississauga man wins the jackpot lottery thought it was a hoax
- Mississauga and Brampton could begin workplace closures today to control COVID-19 outbreaks
- Paid sick leave coming for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario workers, says Premier Ford
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel Police chase a suspect in Brampton
- Flights from India and Pakistan suspended for 30 days to Pearson Airport in Mississauga