Mississauga To Be Hit With Dangerous Weather Tonight
The bitter temperatures are only the beginning for what's to come tonight.
A special weather statement is now in effect for Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon, with freezing rain expected as another low pressure system develops over the Southern Plains and moves toward the Great Lakes.
Snow is also expected, which will begin this afternoon, and then quickly change over to freezing rain as the evening approaches.
This will, however, change into normal precipitation or drizzle tomorrow morning (Feb. 20) as the temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
Everyone is encouraged to be wary of travel times and untreated surfaces, the latter of which which may become icy and slippery.
Be sure to monitor forecasts issued by Environment Canada and their social media for any weather updates.
- Officers on Scene for Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Two Seriously Injured in Overnight Crash in Mississauga
- Road Rage Fueled Assault Causes Serious Injuries in Mississauga
- Coyotes in the City: Everything You Need to Know
- Police Warn Residents to Be Safe While Using Online Dating Sites and Apps