Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins First Round at Rogers Cup
Mississauga’s star athlete Bianca Andreescu has won her first round at this year’s Rogers Cup.
The 19-year-old tennis player defeated Genie Bouchard of Quebec, with a score of 4-6, 6-1, 6-4. This is the second time that Andreescu has played against and defeated Bouchard this year, on their way to a tournament title in Newport Beach, California.
CanaDONE.@Bandreescu_ gets the win over countrywoman Genie Bouchard 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 to earn her first #RogersCup win in front of a packed Toronto crowd.— Rogers Cup (@rogerscup) August 7, 2019
Both players did their country (and tournament!) proud. #ClashofCanadians pic.twitter.com/Dv4pSYvcbq
This is a significant win for Andreescu, as she has just recently recovered from a shoulder injury which forced her to withdraw from the French Open 2019 in May.
The next opponent Andreescu will face in the second round is Daria Kasatkina.
Cover photo courtesy of Andreescu’s official Instagram account
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Enters Quarter-Finals at Rogers Cup
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu to Face Serena Williams in Rogers Cup Finals
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins Rogers Cup After Serena Williams Retires from Match
- Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Advances to Finals at Rogers Cup
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Makes it to Finals in California Tournament