Mississauga tennis player Bianca Andreescu becomes highest-ranked Canadian ever on WTA rankings
Things keep looking up for Bianca Andreescu!
The 19 year old tennis player from Mississauga recently jumped up one place to number four in the Women’s Tennis Association’s (WTA) global singles rankings — her highest ever ranking up to this point.
Image via WTA Tennis
Her new rank makes her the highest-ranked Canadian in the WTA’s history, surpassing Montreal-born tennis player Eugenie Bouchard, who was ranked fifth in 2014 (the first Canadian female tennis player to be ranked in the top 5).
To see the full rankings, click here.
So what’s next for Andreescu?
She’s set to play at the WTA Finals, which begins on Sunday, October 27 in Shenzhen, China. Click here for more information.
Cover photo courtesy of Bianca Andreescu on Instagram
- Mississauga Tennis Champ Bianca Andreescu Rockets Up the Global Rankings
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Makes it to Finals in California Tournament
- BREAKING: Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Becomes First Canadian to Win US Open Women's Singles
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu to Face Serena Williams in Rogers Cup Finals
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins First Round at Rogers Cup