Mississauga Tennis Champ Bianca Andreescu Rockets Up the Global Rankings
After her triumphant victory in the Rogers Cup this past weekend, Bianca Andreescu has leapt up the global tennis rankings, earning her rightful place in the top 15 players.
According to tennis.com’s WTA rankings, Andreescu now sits at 14th place with 2,837 points — a whole 13 ranks up from her previous ranking of 27th.
This puts her just six places below Serena Williams, who was her final opponent in the Rogers Cup.
Image via tennis.com
In terms of national representation, she remains the only Canadian player in the top 100.
On Sunday, Andreescu took the championship in the Rogers Cup after Williams was forced to retire from finals due to an upper back injury.
Having proven herself as a dominant player, we’ll see just how far Andreescu can climb as she continues to compete in the future.
To get a look at the full rankings, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of Rogers Cup on Twitter
- What's Open and Closed on Thanksgiving Day in Mississauga
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu to Face Serena Williams in Rogers Cup Finals
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins Rogers Cup After Serena Williams Retires from Match
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins First Round at Rogers Cup
- Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Enters Quarter-Finals at Rogers Cup
- Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Advances to Finals at Rogers Cup