Mississauga Teenager Arrested After Attempted Robbery in Georgetown
Halton police have reported a robbery where passersby were very helpful in holding a suspect this evening.
According to police, a male entered Preston's Food Mart in Glen Williams -- Georgetown -- and started to commit a robbery.
Police say he was subsequently chased out of the store by the owner and "grappled to the ground" by the owner and passersby until police got there.
Police say they received a call about the attempted robbery at 5:47 p.m. this evening.
The culprit, an 18-year-old male from Mississauga, was arrested and taken into Halton police custody in Milton.
The teenager was charged, and has a court date set for January 18, 2018.
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery
- Police investigating attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Hamilton man wanted by police for attempted murder and robbery
- Police Arrest Mississauga 17-Year-Old Following Robbery At Pizza Nova
- Male arrested following armed robbery at LCBO in Mississauga: Police
- Police search for woman following a Mississauga park assault
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Brampton resident celebrated his big lotto win with champagne
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children