Mississauga Teen Charged in Milton Robberies
A Mississauga teen is facing charges in relation to a violent street robbery spree in Milton.
“There is no further risk to the public in relation to these brazen acts, as all suspects involved have been captured,” say Halton police on Tuesday afternoon.
The teen was arrested on Aug. 14 at 2 p.m. and held for bail.
The fourth and final collar comes following a robbery spree in Milton which saw victims targeted for their cell phones, cash, watches, and backpacks; one set of victims is a father and son, according to police.
The spree began on Aug. 10 around 4:30 p.m., with another incident reported every 30 minutes at 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m., say investigators.
One adult and two young persons were handcuffed the same day for multiple counts of robbery in connection with six incidents.
A suspect vehicle was also recovered. Officers executed a search warrant, allegedly finding an UZI submachine pellet gun - which wasn’t used in the robberies, say police - and several pieces of stolen property.
Tahjae Hare, 18, is charged with eight counts of robbery.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Det.-Const. Rotsma of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2450 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Major Weather Alerts in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Mississauga
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors
- Vehicle Flees After Striking Female Pedestrian in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Charged in GTA Bank Robbery Spree
- Mississauga Teens Arrested in Connection with Robbery Incidents
- Police Arrest Three People in Relation to String of Robberies in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Arrested in Connection with Violent Home Invasion
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies