Mississauga Teen Charged in Fatal Georgetown Crash
An 18-year-old Mississauga teen is facing charges in connection with a fatal Georgetown crash.
The incident took place on Dec. 9, 2017, shortly after 1 a.m.
That’s when a single motor vehicle collision - involving a 2013 Toyota sports coupe - occurred on Maple St. near Main St.
“Despite all occupants wearing their seatbelts, the devastation of the collision caused the death” of Danial Waseem, 18, of Mississauga, say Halton police.
There were three people in the car, say police.
Waseem was a backseat passenger in a vehicle driven by the accused.
Mark Abd El Malek is charged with dangerous driving causing death.
He’s scheduled to appear in Milton court on Feb. 5.
"This incident is a tragic reminder that aggressive driving places all road users at risk,” said Det. Ryan Snow of the collision reconstruction unit.
“Aggressive driving is considered a crime in progress and witnesses should call 911 immediately.”
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga
- Multiple Lanes Blocked Following Collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Charged Following Fatal Car Crash Involving School Bus
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Mississauga Teen Killed in Georgetown Crash
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Mississauga Man Charged in Milton Crash Which Sent Teen to Trauma Centre