Mississauga Teen Charged in Connection with Violent Human Trafficking Incident
Two males, including a 17-year-old teenager from Mississauga, have been charged with human trafficking offences following an investigation by York Regional police.
On Thursday, Jan. 12, shortly after 11:00 p.m., police were called to a hotel on Applewood Crescent in Vaughan.
When officers arrived, they found a 19-year-old female victim who had been assaulted. Further investigation revealed that the victim was being held at the motel against her will for the purposes of prostitution.
Two male suspects were identified, but they had fled the property prior to the officers' arrival. According to York Regional police, officers attended a nearby motel in the Highway 7 West and Costa Road area and gained entry to the room the suspects were thought to be in. The males were not in the room, but were located in a taxi nearby and taken into custody.
A loaded semi-automatic handgun was seized during their arrest.
The men charged include 22-year-old Toronto man Adrian Scott and an unnamed 17-year-old teen from Mississauga. The teen was charged with 15 offenses, including assault, sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm, careless use of a firearm and more.
Both suspects were held in custody and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Newmarket on Nov. 13, 2017 for a bail hearing.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to contact the York Regional Police Drugs and Vice Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7817, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com, or text your tip to CRIMES (274637) starting with the word YORK.
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard