Mississauga Teen Arrested in Connection with Violent Home Invasion
A Mississauga teen is facing charges in connection with a home invasion that took place in Oakville.
According to Halton police, officers were called to investigate a report of a robbery at a home in north Oakville on May 1. Police say that subsequent investigation indicated that three suspects had forced their way into the home and demanded cash from a lone occupant.
According to police, the victim was threatened with a knife and punched several times by the suspects. He sustained minor injuries.
Police say the incident was targeted and there was no known threat to public safety at the time.
On May 24, investigators from the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau arrested 19-year-old Mississauga resident Howard Walton in connection the incident. A search warrant was also executed at the suspect’s residence in Mississauga.
Walton is facing numerous charges, including break and enter to commit robbery, uttering threats to cause bodily harm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and failing to comply with a probation order.
Walton was held in custody pending a bail hearing on May 25.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact D/Cst Mike Tidball of the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2275, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Mississauga Man Charged in Oakville Break-In
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Robbery in Oakville
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville and Burlington Bank Robberies
- Suspect From Mississauga Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Suspect from Mississauga Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga