Mississauga Teen Arrested in Connection with Violent Home Invasion
A Mississauga teen is facing charges in connection with a home invasion that took place in Oakville.
According to Halton police, officers were called to investigate a report of a robbery at a home in north Oakville on May 1. Police say that subsequent investigation indicated that three suspects had forced their way into the home and demanded cash from a lone occupant.
According to police, the victim was threatened with a knife and punched several times by the suspects. He sustained minor injuries.
Police say the incident was targeted and there was no known threat to public safety at the time.
On May 24, investigators from the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau arrested 19-year-old Mississauga resident Howard Walton in connection the incident. A search warrant was also executed at the suspect’s residence in Mississauga.
Walton is facing numerous charges, including break and enter to commit robbery, uttering threats to cause bodily harm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and failing to comply with a probation order.
Walton was held in custody pending a bail hearing on May 25.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact D/Cst Mike Tidball of the Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2275, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Mississauga Man Charged in Oakville Break-In
- Teen arrested after allegedly shooting at Mississauga homeowners during home invasion
- Brampton teen arrested after knife pulled during Oakville shoe robbery
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Robbery in Oakville
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Brampton gets new COVID vaccination site run by William Osler