Mississauga Teen Arrested Following Break-In and Hit and Run
A hit and run collision was connected to an alleged break and enter (which reportedly led to a vehicle being stolen) in Oakville, police say.
Halton police say that on Oct. 31, 2018, the officers responded to a report of a residential break and enter that occurred on Truman Avenue.
Police allege that over the course of the break-in, the suspects stole the keys to the homeowner’s vehicle.
During the late hours of Nov. 3, 2018, the homeowner’s vehicle was stolen from the driveway, police say.
While investigating the theft, officers received a call regarding an alleged hit and run collision at Oakville Place shopping mall.
Police say they located the stolen car several blocks west of the mall.
Police have arrested and charged three people in connection with the alleged offences, including 18-year-old Oakville man Thoriya Abdulkhaleq, 19-year-old Mississauga man Jaiden Bennett and an underage individual.
The accused have all been charged with numerous offences, including break and enter, theft of a motor vehicle, possession of property obtained by crime and more.
All three individuals were later released on promises to appear.
Police say investigators later executed a search warrant at an Oakville residence and recovered property that belonged to the Truman Ave. homeowner.
Investigators are now working to determine the three suspects’ potential involvement in other similar crimes that have occurred in surrounding neighbourhoods, police say.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau, Detective Omar Nadim, Oakville Criminal Investigations Bureau, 905-825-4747 ext. 2278.
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Mississauga Man Charged in Oakville Break-In
- Suspect from Mississauga Arrested After More Than $20K Worth of Laptops Stolen in Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police Looking for Suspects Following Break and Enter in Mississauga
- Officers not facing charges after man falls to his death in Mississauga
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic