Mississauga Teacher Suspended For Meth-Related Assignment
A strange grade eight drama assignment has landed a Mississauga teacher in very hot (some would say boiling) water.
According to a recent Global News article, a 13-year-old student at Erin Mills Middle School alarmed his mother when he asked her questions pertaining to bizarre drama assignment that involved him and his classmates participating in skits about making and taking meth.
It also appears the assignment contained detailed instructions on how to both make and take the drug.
Global reports that the guidelines, seemingly sourced online, provide information on equipment (needles, syringes, spoons) and proper injection techniques.
According to Global, the mother reported the assignment to the Peel District School Board and the board has since suspended the teacher with pay pending an investigation.
As far as consequences go, the teacher could face special boundary training or dismissal. According to Global, the teacher is generally well-liked by students for his creative assignments.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Mississauga Teacher Suspended Over Alleged Participation in Political Protest
- Activists Supporting Suspended Mississauga Teacher
- Peel teacher suspended for making racist remarks
- Peel District School Board to re-start teacher-directed instruction soon
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold