Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
Christmas has come early for a lucky Mississauga man.
OLG says that Derek Murphy is $100,000 richer after winning with Instant 5X The Cash (Game #2212).
Derek, a 51-year-old teacher, said he plays Instant tickets occasionally.
"I used the Ticket Checker and when I saw $100,000, I thought 'Holy cow!'" he told OLG.
Murphy said when he shared the news with his mom, she immediately started to coach him on the right ways to make the money last.
"I plan to save this for my kid's education and some for the future - and maybe even a new car - I have a lot of choices to make," he told OLG.
"This is the largest win I ever had. I'm happy, but I don't think reality will sink in until I have the cheque in my hands," he concluded.
The winning ticket was purchased at E-Convenience on Burnhamthorpe Road in Etobicoke.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in Milton restaurant robbery
- Popular fried chicken joint planning to open new location in Mississauga
- Mississauga murder victim identified, police seek witnesses