Mississauga Teacher Accused of Inappropriately Touching Students
A Mississauga high school teacher will face an Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) disciplinary panel following allegations of inappropriate touching.
According to the Discipline Committee of the OCT, Nicola Domenic Vescio, a teacher who taught science at Iona Catholic Secondary School, has been accused of professional misconduct. According to the document, Vescio has been accused of failing to maintain the standards of the profession, as well as physically, psychologically and verbally abusing a student or students.
The document alleges that in October 2013, Vescio approached a male student while he was standing with his friends and "grabbed and twisted his nipples."
During the 2013-2014 academic year, Vescio allegedly sat on a male student's lap on bus ride back from a school trip.
During that same time frame, Vescio allegedly made a number of inappropriate comments to students, including asking a student to take his shirt off and be "baby Jesus" for a photo, telling students about his time in prison and reportedly asking students for hugs.
The document also contains allegations that Vescio made racially and culturally insensitive comments to students.
The committee says it will hold a hearing to decide whether the allegations are true and whether Vescio is guilty of professional misconduct.
While the OCT website lists Vescio as a teacher who is currently in good standing, he has been implicated in other incidents.
According to this 680 News article, Vescio was charged with assault following an incident involving a 15-year-old male student in 2014.
Vescio will appear before the discipline committee on Nov. 14.
- Misconduct Allegations Against Mississauga High School Teacher Withdrawn
- Mississauga high school student organizing virtual prom for students across Canada
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Teacher Fired in Wake of Sex Assault Charges
- Peel teacher suspended for making racist remarks
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Complaints about the Canada Revenue Agency up 93% in December