Mississauga Tanning Salon Co-Owner Charged With Numerous Sexual Assaults
The co-owner of a Mississauga-based tanning salon is facing multiple sexual assault charges.
Last month, Peel police alleged that on Tuesday, April 10 at approximately 12:00 p.m., a 29 year-old woman was sexually assaulted by the co-owner and operator of the Tanned Bodies (3050 Confederation Parkway) tanning salon. The woman was a customer at the salon.
On May 4, police said investigators from the special victims unit have laid three additional charges in sexual assault investigation.
On Thursday, April 19, 44-year-old Toronto man Gary Edwards was arrested and charged with two counts of sexual assault. After police released information about the arrest, three more alleged victims came forward.
Police say that on May 2, 2015, a 19 year-old woman attended a Tanned Bodies salon located at 732 Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga.
Police allege that during the victim's tanning session, the accused sexually assaulted her.
Police also say that an 18 year-old woman visited the accused's residence for a tanning session and was sexually assaulted.
According to police, an 18-year-old Tanned Bodies employee who worked at the company's Rathburn Rd. location was also allegedly sexually assaulted. Police say she worked at the salon between December and March of 2017.
Investigators from the special victims unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Man Arrested After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Mississauga Hospital Worker Charged With Sexual Assault
- UPDATED: Pair of bears on the loose in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 30
- Peel not in second wave but situation can change "at any moment": Mayor Crombie