Mississauga Tanning Salon Co-Owner Charged With Numerous Sexual Assaults
The co-owner of a Mississauga-based tanning salon is facing multiple sexual assault charges.
Last month, Peel police alleged that on Tuesday, April 10 at approximately 12:00 p.m., a 29 year-old woman was sexually assaulted by the co-owner and operator of the Tanned Bodies (3050 Confederation Parkway) tanning salon. The woman was a customer at the salon.
On May 4, police said investigators from the special victims unit have laid three additional charges in sexual assault investigation.
On Thursday, April 19, 44-year-old Toronto man Gary Edwards was arrested and charged with two counts of sexual assault. After police released information about the arrest, three more alleged victims came forward.
Police say that on May 2, 2015, a 19 year-old woman attended a Tanned Bodies salon located at 732 Lakeshore Road East in Mississauga.
Police allege that during the victim's tanning session, the accused sexually assaulted her.
Police also say that an 18 year-old woman visited the accused's residence for a tanning session and was sexually assaulted.
According to police, an 18-year-old Tanned Bodies employee who worked at the company's Rathburn Rd. location was also allegedly sexually assaulted. Police say she worked at the salon between December and March of 2017.
Investigators from the special victims unit believe that there may be more victims and/or witnesses and are asking anyone who had contact with the accused to contact the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Man Arrested After Five Women Allegedly Sexually Assaulted on GO Transit
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Mississauga Hospital Worker Charged With Sexual Assault
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Canada Post reports more cases of COVID found at Mississauga's Gateway facility
- Police warning public of new scam sent via text
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Photo radar map shows where Brampton made $1 million